About Me

Paris, Ile de France, France
conservation biologist, father, WP lister, bird ringer, life enjoyer

20/05/2012

Trans-saharan warblers in Normandy

Just came back from a long week-end in Normandy, where I surveyed my four BBS squares. Incredibly high numbers of migrant warblers, with - for 20 point counts of 5mn each - 2 singing Marsh Wrablers (never recorded since 2007), 4 Melodious Warblers (had a max of one before), 6 Whitethroats (record), 1 singing male Bonelli's (never recorded before - even submitted to regional ratification!), while I also had two singing males Wood Warbler on the spot where I found one last year. Also a young lost badger, and a Lesser Spotted Woodpeck in my garden! Birding the hedge... One of the two singing Marsh W
A singing male Melodious - lovely
Great to get some very good pics as I lost my previous ones in a hard disk crash...
Young badger
Lesser Spot - declined by 80% in the last 20 years in France

No comments:

Post a Comment